390 gsm
73 cm wide
Size 7
Release date: 28th of January 2015
I was lucky enough to be asked to holiday this wrap from a friend, to help her break it in. It's quite a beastly wrap at 390 gsm, and she only had a 6 month old baby at the time, and a few other wraps to break in as well, and I wanted to do the try before you buy. Always good when and if you can.
Frissa is a stunning range of blues, creams, yellows, pink and green. In some photos, it honestly looks a little white in areas, but when you see it up close, it's very different. It is also one of those wraps that look even more stunning once it is on, than when it is folded up in a stash shot.
During my time with Frissa I went for many walks, both short and long, and not once did I find it uncomfortable. I wore this wrap in a Double Hammock, Ruck, and Forward Wrap Cross Carry. I think if it had of been easier to do a few more carries, but it is a very heavy wrap in a 7 and so I felt a bit restricted due to my base size being a 5 and using such a heavy wrap.
I found Frissa to be very cushy on the shoulders, even in a ruck tied Tibetan with my 15 kg 5 yo, it didn't cause any discomfort. The only other wrap I have found to be this comfortable so far has been my Solnce Whenua Waro, which is cotton, linen and merino, and Didymos Winter Lillies, which is a hemp blend. This wrap, while thick, is also quite airy. Maybe not the best for a very hot day, but I did find it was quite enjoyable on a reasonably warm day, we just wore cooler clothing.
Being such a wide wrap, it makes it very easy to get a nice deep seat, while maintaining a high back pass for the older child. Frissa felt quite smooth to the touch, but stiff like canvas on initial touch before being washed and ironed, but made the wrap quite easy to glide into place.
I gave this wrap a really good workout down at the local park, I went on the swings, down the slides, and played on a lot of equipment there, as well as a good hour walk through the bush and doing some housework at home, all up I wore him in this wrap for 3 hours and he was weightless the entire time. Now while my shoulders started to hurt slightly, that is more because of having sore shoulders prior to wearing that day, and like I have said before, very fussy shoulders.






The perfect Pelli wrap on you! (Sophie Cangurito)
ReplyDelete